2 Cups of Flour
3 1/2 teaspoons of Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon of Salt
1Tablespoon of Sugar
6 Tablespoons of Butter
1 Egg Yolk Beaten
1/3 Cup of Milk
1. Sift flour; measure, add baking powder, salt, sugar; sift again.
2. Work in butter with fingertips or pastry blender.
3. Add egg yolk and milk to form stiff dough.
4. Roll out to about 1/8-inch thickness. Spread with softened butter, then with crushed pineapple, well drained.
5. Start rolling from one side until roll is 3/4-inch in diameter (about three turns) and cut off. then cut this roll into three-inch lengths. Repeat for remainder of rolled-out dough.
6. Placed on baking sheet. Brush with egg white diluted with water; sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 475 degrees F. for 10 to 12 minutes. About 24 fingers.
From: Woman's Home Companion Magazine (November 1937)
Picture from: Google Life Images.