Makes 1 nine-inch pie
Bake at 425 degrees F for 10 minutes, then at 325 degrees F for 35 to 45 minutes.
1 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Light Corn Syrup
1 TBSP melted butter
1 tsp Vanilla
Pinch of Salt
2 Cups shelled Pecans
1. Prepare pastry shell (recipe below).
2. Beat eggs slightly in large bowl; add sugar, corn syrup, butter, vanilla, and salt.
3. Beat until mixture is well blended and frothy; stir in pecans.
4. Pour into unbaked pastry shell.
5. Bake pie in hot oven (425 F) 10 minutes; reduce heat to slow (325 F) and bake 35 to 45 minutes longer, or until filling is firm in center.
Makes one nine-inch shell
1 Cup sifted flour
1/2 tsp Salt
1/3 Cup shortening
About 3 TBSP cold water
1. Sift flour and salt into medium-size bowl.
2. Cut in shortening with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture is crumby.
3. Sprinkle water over flour-shortening mixture; mix lightly with fork until dough just holds together.
4. Roll out to a 12-inch round on lightly floured pastry cloth or board.
5. Fit into 9-inch pie plate; trim overhanging to 1/2 inch; turn overhang under, folding flush with rim of pie plate: flute edge.
Recipe from: "Family Circle: August 1954"
Image from: telegraph.co.uk