Saturday, November 21, 2009

1910s - Patterns and Images



There are quite a few patterns and image sites out there for you to create a 1910s assemble. Here is a list resources that I know of for sewing patterns and images for inspiration. :-)

Marquise - Patterns of the 1910s, 20s and 30s - A marvelous site were you can download patterns for free from original sources.

Sensibility.com - Vintage images 1900-1919  - One of the first sites I discovered in my beginnings of costuming.  This is one of my favorite sites to visit.

Sensibility.com - Titanic Era Patterns 1911-1914 - My favorite pattern company. 

Hint of History - 1910s Collection - Vintage-inspired patterns for today.

Past Patterns - 1900 - 1919s - A wide assortment of patterns for everyone in the family.

Dressmaking Research - 1910s Dress -  You can find original sources here, including Delineator dressmaking lesson 1915 and McCall's dressmaking lesson 1917.

VintageSewing.info - Vintage Sewing Books in the Public Domain - There are two books on this site that are from the 1910s.   Tailored Skirts, Woman's Institute of Domestic Arts & Sciences, by Mary Brooks Picken (1916) and American Dressmaking Step by Step, A complete, simplified method of sewing, dressmaking and tailoring, by Mme. Lydia Trattles Coates (1917).

Out-of-Print Butterick Patterns - 1914 Blouse pattern and 1914 Skirt pattern (I'm in the process of making this skirt right now. So far this is the only 1910s pattern I have used personally.)

Do you know of any sources that are not on my list? If you know of more, just leave a comment to let us all know of that website, pattern, book, etc. Or, have you ever made something from the 1910s, or inspired from the era. I would love to see it!

~Ashley

Image from: http://www.sensibility.com/vintageimages/1900s/pagetwo.htm

0 lovely notes...:

Post a Comment

Hi! Do leave a comment for I love to hear from my readers. But please, no spam. And if you use the Anonymous setting please use your name, or internet nickname. Thank you!
In Christ,
~Ashley

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails